Attending trade shows is one of the best ways to increase sales and also create more awareness for your brand. However, when going for such shows, you will still face competition and this means you need to do everything within your means to attract as many potential customers to your booth. In this regard, the exhibition stand you use is always of the essence because it may either make you stand out, or disappear into the crowd of competitors. Consequently, apart from getting an outstanding tent, you should also include branded marquees, banner displays and potable flags around your stand.
Tips on How Make Your Booth Stand Out
Make Use of Striking Signage: When people attend shows and trade fairs, they do so in order to locate someone to fulfill their needs. Thus, the first thing you should do is to set up exhibition stands with conspicuous signage displaying your brand name. The signs should be easy to read so that they are noticeable to everyone who passes by.
- Incorporate Meaningful Messages: Even as you aim to promote your business through your exhibition stand, you also need to state the problems you can solve so that people have an idea of what to expect when they come to your booth. To get this done effectively, you need to incorporate the services of experienced marketers to ensure that only the most workable ideas are integrated.
- Have The Right Staff On Hand: Other than the display messages, the people who you put in your booth play a huge role. In this regard, the staff representing your company should be friendly, patient and knowledgeable. During a trade fair, you are bound to get all sorts of visitors coming to your booth, and quite a number may just want to engage in needless banter. Still, the staff has to remain friendly and engage everyone.
- Avoid Clutter in Your Display: When you have products you intend to sell during a trade event, it’s easy to get tempted to just display everything in the exhibition stands. However, this shouldn’t be the case; whatever you put on display should be easily accessible and it should be placed at eye level. Presenting your items in an uncluttered manner makes your display more appealing, and prospects don’t get overwhelmed when they come to your booth.
Preparing For the Trade Show
Trade shows undoubtedly provide great opportunities for both new and upcoming businesses. However, such events require adequate preparation before the actual day. Hence, you should begin designing a suitable presentation way in advance so that you are confident to give something that will project a good image of your company. Other than that, it’s good to send out invites early and give people incentives to make them visit your stand. You can for instance offer them free items such as pens and key rings which will not only help you on the day, but even later on as the customers keep using them. By and large, a trade fair can be a very helpful event, but your level of success is very much dependent on the effort you put into your exhibition display and presentation during the occasion.
Kent has run Geek Business for many years as a custom-coded making money online site. The site relaunched in late 2010 as a blog, taking guest posts from industry experts on everything tech and business related. Find me on Google+
Latest posts by Geek Business (see all)
- Towing an Iceberg – Great Business Idea or Pipedream? – October 3, 2013
- Save Money as a Small Business – October 3, 2013
- Web Design Best Practices – October 2, 2013