Cloud telephony is the latest telephony technology to storm the market and the popularity of the service is increasing with every passing day. The ridiculously old PSTN telephone system is fast being replaced by the smart communication systems that are hosted on the cloud. Cloud telephony facilitates making or receiving calls from anywhere in the world and you need not even have a wired Ethernet connection to avail the facility. You can use your smartphone, laptop, PC or tablets to log in to the communication system at your office and make or receive calls.
If you are a business head or owner who has to take multiple phone-lines and numbers? It is quite possible that probably you have never calculated the money you have wasted till date. The bigger companies can afford it but for the smaller companies every penny spent counts so it is time that they avail the cloud telephony system. This technology offers numerous advantages and there are also no upfront costs involved. Let us look at some of the most prominent advantages:
• Reduced costs – If you are running a small or medium size business then you are probably competing with the bigger fishes in the market. Imagine the amount of money you will spend to connect an IVR system to your EPABX. In order to avail the latest telephony features, you will need to spend thousands of dollars. However, if you are using cloud telephony then you can avail the latest telephony features at fraction of a cost. The call rates too are very low compared to the conventional telephone lines. You will be able to save thousands of dollars on your telephone bills by switching to the cloud telephony system.
• Reliability – The PSTN telephone lines often go dead and you have to wait for them to be up and running again. With cloud telephony this problem has been completely solved as the maintenance of the system is undertaken by the service providing company. Moreover cloud telephony uses the internet to make calls, so as long as your internet line is up, you can enjoy smooth communication. Thus, it is gradually turning out to be a reliable solution for the small and medium sized businesses.
• Flexibility – Great flexibility is offered by the cloud telephone system as you will be able to customize various settings according to the needs of your business.
• Scalability – You can scale up or down the number of telephone numbers or lines for your cloud telephone system. Thus, whenever there is an increase in the volume of calls, you can add more numbers by informing your service provider – this does not take more than a few minutes.
• Complete tracking – You will be able to track all the calls and messages sent using your communication system. Thus, cloud offers you greater control over your telephone system making it really indispensible for any smart business owner to avoid.
• Integration with other software – The cloud telephone system can be easily integrated with any other legacy systems running in your company. For instance, the CMS application of your company can be integrated with the cloud telephony, which gives your employees an added advantage. Your employees will be able to harness the information fed into your application while making calls to the customers.
More and more companies are looking towards the Unified Communication (UC) system as their ultimate communication system. The latest UC systems like UCedge from Toshiba are being adopted by the companies in their bid to provide a common platform that can be used to host and integrate various communication tools and applications.
About The Author
Michelle Patterson is excited with the new technologies that are threatening to change the way we stay in touch and communicate, particular in business. She works with companies that are introducing these technologies to make understanding them easy for regular people.