More than 91% of buyers check their email each day.
This means that if marketers are not aware of it (or not doing anything about it) they are missing out on a huge opportunity. Imagine millions of office going, connected people checking their email inboxes daily and sometimes even twice a day – waiting for you to throw at them something interesting.
The remainder of this post will discuss how marketers can discover the true potential of email marketing and use it in their favour.
A standout amongst the most intensely utilized correspondence channels to date, email marketing is viewed as the third general best channel for lead era for advertisers. Email marketing offers more than 15% of all leads.
Before we actually begin here are some interesting facts about email marketing:
· 33% of the emails are opened primarily because of their subject line.
· Personalized subject lines are 22 time more likely to be opened.
· Close to 39% of the marketeers have no strategy or plan for mobile email.
· Mondays perform best for emails.
· Women are 10 times more likely to open mobile marketing emails.
· Social sharing buttons in your email could mean 158% more click through rates.
· There were more than 3.5 billion emails accounts in 2013.
· Subject lines with words like “revenue”, “money”, “profit”, etc tend to perform better.
The facts above are going to help us understand the power of email marketing, which we believe is a prerequisite for creating the strategy to boost your signups. Please read on…
To develop your email list, there are ways you can make use of the engagement you have with your online networking group of onlookers. It will help you transform your supporters into endorsers who will turn out to be long-haul customers.
Number 1: Email SignUp Form Placement
There are a couple of fundamental spots most advertisers place their signup forms. While every one of these alternatives can work, the ideal information exchange position can differ contingent upon your site plan, your industry, and your audience. These are suggested places for setting your signup forms. Test distinctive situations and see what works the best for you.
· Top of the sidebar
· After a post
· Top header
· Pop-up box
You can even try numerous signup alternatives, but do not act spammy.
QUICK TIPS: You can add a signup form to the comment box. Sometimes commenting segments require that users input their email address to leave a comment. Since they are now adding their email, why not offer an “email signup form” checkbox close by it? You can place your email marketing signup forms anywhere. If users are adding their email address somewhere, then it is an awesome chance to offer them email marketing signups.
Number 2: Try a Simple Email Marketing Sign-Up Form
Organizations of all sizes ought to set up a straightforward signup form on their site and social channels to make it simple for your most contributed fans to effectively subscribe to your list.
· On Facebook, you can commit a tab at the upper right-hand side of your fan page for an email form. At that point, individuals just need to tap on the symbol to visit the email sign-up form. As everything is going social these days, it’s a technique that mostly works well.
· Try to use a picture and invitation to take action in this tab to impel individuals to click and subscribe. There is a wide range of application alternatives to include and set up a signup form.
Note: It is not conceivable to have a landing page with a signup form on Twitter or even Google+. To urge your supporters to subscribe, you can add an actionable link in the bio or even About area on Twitter and Google+ to your signup form you have on your site.
Number 3: Offer a Motivator to Signup
Everybody loves a decent freebie. A portion of the all the more expensive approaches to manipulate individuals to agree to your rundown is to:
· Offer vouchers (5% off your next buy),
· Free swag (like T-shirts),
· Sweepstakes (“Win an outing!”),
· Free learning (for example, a digital book on a theme that is significant to your crowd or an autoresponder course).
· And the list can go on and on. Just think creatively keeping your business and audience in mind and you will do well.
The above are smart ways to boost opt-in rates. For sweepstakes, you can join the affirmation with a mouth-to-mouth advertising component like expanding possibilities on the off chance that they refer their friends. Remember that referral incentives work best for surely understood brands with a good reputation.
Number 4: Affiliate Advertising
In the event that you know the value of a supporter, affiliate advertising is another alternative for expanding your endorser base. You will pay a subsidiary a set amount for each time they inspire somebody to agree to your email newsletter. Fundamentally, an advertisement for your email newsletter on someone else’s site.
The objective here is to ensure you are paying your affiliate less than the actual value of your new subscriber. This requires you already have a comprehension of your standard cost per lead and the estimation of another lead for your business.
To have an estimate of your standard cost is easier said than done but it is important for the overall success of your email marketing strategy.
Number 5: Have Webinars to Gain Subscribers
Hosting an online course about your business or industry is an engaging approach to sharing the positive aspects of your business. You just have to present a man from your association to discuss a pertinent point with the audience.
One of the objectives of a webinar for the business is to catch leads as email endorsers. On the off chance that you have your online course on a Google hangout on air, make sure to share connections to resources that have signup forms to collect emails from your endeavors.
In the event that you have your webinar utilizing a program like Any Meeting, PGI, Ready Talk, GoToWebinar, or Join.me, large portions of these tools feature a signup form to gather messages from viewers before they join the webinar.
Note: You can use social media posts to grab the attention of people to these email signup forms. Ultimately, your email list will develop.
Number 6: Consider The Expectation of Your Visitors
While placing your signup forms, dependably consider the mentality of your audience right then within your site’s page structure.
It is important to learn from the past. Repeat what has worked before and avoid making the same mistakes again.
The copy of your site ought to change contingent upon where your signup form is put. For instance:
· In e-business checkout: Opt-in for the email newsletter to get coupons, discounts, and the latest news conveyed straight to your inbox.
· In a blog entry: Did you like this post? Join and we will send you marvelous posts like this at regular intervals.
Coordinated goal is everything. Continuously step over from the points of interest and consider the bigger extension.
Number 7: Conventional Marketing
Collect email addresses at offline occasions like trade shows. Import them into your database. Make sure to send these contacts an email that affirms their pick into your list. In addition, you can send them welcome messages. This is a great way of showing your customers that “you care” and build that all important trust.
This is also a great way of showing that your online marketing strategy is in tuned with your conventional marketing. This technique can be particularly useful for businesses that are already successful (traditionally) and trying to expand online.
· Host your own particular offline, face to face events like meetups, hackathons, conferences, educational panels, and so on. You can collect registrations online using their email addresses.
· Encourage prospects in a conventional promoting effort, as direct mail.
Bottom Line: These are all cases of things you can start trying today to boost your email marketing signup. A large portion of them are not convoluted or hard to actualize. The most powerful way to boost your email marketing signup is testing different kinds of ways to find the most suitable one for your business. You can try different button colors, styles, and copies.
From the list above, it is also important to realize that not everything will be fit for your type of business. Webinars might work for you and at the same time conventional marketing might totally fail. This is where having a strong understanding of your business (which mainly includes knowing your customers and audience) can prove beneficial.
Bio: DevriX was founded as a WordPress development company in 2010 by Mario Peshev as the next step of his freelancing career. Now DevriX is a leading technical WordPress development agency with WordPress SaaS and large multisite network expertise and experienced contributors in its team.